Monday, April 6, 2015

Transfer to Tacala!

Hello there my dear family!!

First off I want to apologize to my dearest mother... This week I forgot my camera... I have kinda gotten out of my roll with transfers.

And yes. I had transfers. I have left the beautiful ward of Lopez Albujar and I am now in the beautiful ward of Tacala. My new companion is Elder Montero, from Bolivia, and he is super awesome! And we are the Zone Leaders of la Zona Miraflores.

So that is my new adventure! Hopefully I can do a little extra for the Lord here and help out all I can this Zone of 9 companionships.

Conference was AWESOME! Unfortunately we only got 1 investigator there. But one is still great news! M came with us! And I think we found how to get her 17 year old son interested. Now we just need to wait and see how things go back there and see if we catch word. But she will be baptized sooner or later, I truly believe. Sadly we couldn't get ahold of M this week either!... but we got ahold of a new family! They came to a member family asking if we could visit them! The 3 children and the mother are very bright and receptive. Hopefully all that goes well!

Now here in this area, I don't know too much yet. Next week I will tell you more. But I am in the same ward as Elder Miller!!! hahaha we have been in the same Zones pretty much the whole mission aside from when he went to Paita and I to Piura Central. But there are 6 missionaries in this ward. and the boundaries seem really big. haha But It sounds like we have a baptism SATURDAY!! Awesome, right?! I got here right on time. :)

This week I got to lay my hands on a SPECTACULAR talk by Merlin Fish. It is directed to missionaries but I think all leaders could really benefit from it. Here is a link if any of you want to check it out. Dad, I thought you might like it when I read your email and talking about how your calling is going. And if you have missionary children, send it to them! Maybe Katie would like it now that I am thinking about it! Send it to her! :)


But it really opened my eyes that I need to follow the Spirit a WHOLE lot more. I am just a minister of the Lord Jesus Christ. I need to do it His way, and the way I am going to learn His way is through revelation. And consistent revelation at that. So I am going to get on my knees, but go a whole other level in how I say my prayers. I know that God wants to guide me. I have been blessed with MANY moments where He has shown me my potential. Now He has given me new material and I must improve and do more.

Conference was AWESOME. One of my favorite talks was President Eyring in the Priesthood Session when he talked about the Priesthood and Prayer. I really did think a lot about the Priesthood during conference this time. And there was a LOT about families and marriage. We got to use that material the same night in a family home evening and it went GREAT. I love Conference! IT is a whole new volume of missionary material!

What was the best thing about your week?
A lot. This week was just busy!! We helped V and V build their house, we took part in the Ward Easter Activity (sports and games tournaments Thursday morning), General Conference, and it just flew by!

Something new you learned?
The best new thing I learned was from the talk by Merlin Fish. I learned about the confidence to follow the Spirit and how real it is. Receiving revelation as a missionary can be powerful stuff!

Favorite Peruvian thing of the week?
When I was saying goodbye to a spectacular family in the Lopez Albujar ward, there is a return missionary who served in the south of Peru. He had been telling me that he learned Quechua in his mission and that he had the Gospel Principles book in Quechua. And he gave it to me as a farewell gift!!! I was speechless. Favorite Peruvian thing: Their Love and Charity. They are gift giving people.
Another favorite Peruvian thing is that I now plan to study Quechua a bit and try to pick up a little! Up north here nobody speaks it... But maybe in the future it will come in handy.

What are you most looking forward to in the coming week (or month)?
I plan to make everyone in this ward my best friend. A few already know I am not a good soccer player, (?..I always thought he was a pretty good soccer player..?) but I plan to know them all by name and have them confident in my power as a missionary so that I can help THEM be even more powerful missionaries and instruments in the Lord's hands.

Well, I love you all!! Have a great week!!

Elder Russell


No comments:

Post a Comment