Monday, March 30, 2015

#graciasaqueÉlVive

Another week just flew by!!

Well, yesterday M went to church again!! That is going well, she accepted baptism but when we invited her for a date she did not accept. She is also really distracted about a son who is out of the country and out of contact, so prayer is a big theme we have been trying to help her with. But I think this week we are going to get some good progress and keep helping her out!

M didn't make it to church yesterday because his wife was having some difficulties with health, but this week we are going to try to get a hold of him!

For conference we will all be in the Stake Center! I am so excited for General Conference, during our weekly planning session we decided that we will be teaching "Follow the Prophet" to pretty much everyone to get them excited to go to Conference. haha so hopefully we get a good turnout!

I have some photos to send you next week!! Last week I forgot to tell you that in the Multi Zone conference we did sketches of the Book of Mormon. Our Zone got assigned the story of Alma and Amulek. I was assigned the part of the angel (since I am the whitest one in the zone... haha) and everyone got a kick out of that one. :) So get excited for next week!!

Also next week, transfers!...! We'll see what happens there.... haha I know that the Lord guides His missionaries to where they need to be so I am excited to see what comes! :)

Are there any different Easter traditions in Peru that you don't see here at home?
Mostly you see a lot of Catholic traditions, in many places they even do reenactments of the life and death of Christ. And the food this time of year has its culture. The most well known is the Mala Rabia that I told you about. Delicious.

Tell us about your Zone activity of watching Meet the Mormons!!
Holy Smokes, that is one good movie!! We gotta get a hold of that here! We all really enjoyed it, I really did too personally!! It has got me thinking a lot. Really they are all just normal people but the video makes  you feel like they are Heroes. But really all it is is that they follow the example of Jesus Christ. And I guess in some ways that does make you a Hero. :)

Funniest thing you saw or experienced this past week?
Well... it wasnt very funny in the moment but now it has got me laughing... :
Saturday night we were walking to a house to visit a family and in that part, the street is lower than the ground and they call this street "the drain", because when there is rain in runs down the street into a marshy river then out farther to a pong. Well, a sewer pipe (I believe it was sewer, or at least very gross water) was opened and overflowing down the street. Where the street ends and changes into the river was rather high. And that is a passage way for the people. We saw a mother and her daughter passing through all this gross water passing their ankles. So I was like "Hey, Elder Machaca, lets go get some of those bigger rocks and form stepping stones so the people don't have to pass through that stuff." So we get working on that. And we both had brought over 2 big rocks to place, when my companion just chucks if right off into the middle. I am standing right by this river and SPLASHHHH!!!! My companion soaked me!! I will admit I wasn't too happy for a moment. But yeah, we finished the steps and carried on to the visit. But from the second I saw that rock hit the water the thought came to my mind: "This is going to be a fun little story for your email." haha so there is a little tale for ya. :)

Really this week I have been thinking a lot about who I am and who I am becoming and who I want to become. I think that is one of the things that hit me again during Meet the Mormons. 2 years ago I would not have necessarily seen anything too interesting about their religious factor, but now I finally get how special that is and how I want that to be the key to my life. I got to bear my testimony yesterday and I testified of Jesus Christ. I never saw how He suffered on the cross. I have never seen the marks in His hands, at least not yet. But somehow I KNOW Him. When I contact people I often ask them "How is your personal relationship with your Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ?" because now I know that we can and should be on a personal relationship with God. This Easter I plan to place some life goals for myself on how I can strengthen that relationship even more throughout my life, and I invite you all to ponder and pray and do a little analysis on how you are on life's highway - are you gonna make it to where God wants you?

I know that our Heavenly Father loves us. I know Jesus of Nazareth died for us. He suffered all pains afflictions and temptations for his people. Now He commands that we repent and be baptized in His name, having a perfect faith in the Holy One of Israel. I know that this is His restored Gospel and we hold His Priesthood authority.

I wish you all the best of Easter!! This is a very Holy Week to remember Him. Love you all!!

Elder Russell

#becausehelives #graciasaqueÉlVive


No comments:

Post a Comment