Monday, October 27, 2014

Stay Obedient!


Hello family!!

Well, today I will be off to Piura! Another District Leader Training Meeting that I love. 

So this week was good! We keep working hard. So I have never really told you about my area. Our area has been a little rough finding families to street contact, which is the new goal to street contact every single couple or family you see. And all the missionaries are to find where the families are, like parks or plazas, for example. In my area we keep having a bit of difficulty because we have not been able to find a family friendly walking area… We've got one park in our area, then the rest is pure residential or bars. I mean it is safe and all, it is just everyone in our area leaves for work or goes to the town center outside our area. so have you all got any ideas on other types of places that we could look into to find families?

But this week I studied a lot of the first lesson and the Restoration. I am so pumped now to teach it effectively. I think sometimes I focus too much on other key aspects of the mission but you really do need to improve constantly your ability to teach the missionary lessons.

Elder Moses had his birthday this week!! His investigators invited his companionship and me and my companion for a birthday lunch! It was awesome!! Such a great family, once they finally get married I am pretty sure they will get baptized. But it was a Peruvian birthday deal, so it included the egg to head smashing and also pushing his face into the cake. He has some fun pictures (I had totally forgotten my camera.... SORRY MOM!!!!)

I attacked Elder Moses with an egg for when he completed his one year mark in the mission. We ran over to their apartment before studies and threw them a breakfast of my special huevos rancheros. I will try to send the video but those things take a long time to send... But I am trying!

Also my companion this week read the Book of Mormon in 3 days!! He became quite a reader! I, however, am in Mosiah. My current study plans are 20 minutes daily of Book or Mormon study marking only the themes of The Gospel of Jesus Christ. Then 20 minutes of Preach my Gospel studying especially the Resoration lesson. Then 20 minutes of Jesus the Christ. I gotta control myself with that book, I could just read it all day if I could. And I am also putting in 20 minutes of the Bible as my language study. I rotate between the New and Old Testament, mostly I read the New Testament. Genesis has been a little rough. But right now I am in the story of Joseph so the musical songs come into my mind and help me out. haha

Well, we keep searching! This week one of our recent converts got his temple recommend so he and his wife are going to get sealed this next month! Also J and Y that we got back to church got their recommends and are going to get sealed too!! So that was a highlight this week.

Well, this next week hopefully we can hit with full force! We gotta find more familes ready to accept the gospel. Hopefully this week we can really follow up with some of the good couples we have run into on the street and invite them to baptism!

I love you all!! The Church is true! Jesus is the Christ!! Stay Obedient! And have a great week!!

Love you!

Elder Russell


No comments:

Post a Comment