Monday, November 3, 2014

Awesome Peruvian Birthday Traditions :)

Hello family!                                                     

Well this week was a good one!! A District leader training meeting, the Bishops Banana Plantation service project, a couple new investigators and members all set for ETERNAL MARRIAGE!

SO about the eternal marriage, J and Y who we have reactivated got their temple recommends and on the 23rd are going on the Ward Temple trip to Guayaquil Ecuador to seal themselves for time and all eternity. That is so crazy awesome. Also a recent convert hit his one year mark as a member today and he will also be getting sealed with his wife. We are working hard with a couple families to get more and more names sent for the vicarious work and I just love teaching that so much.

Halloween here was actually Elder Cisneros' birthday!! So in the morning they had to come over to our apartment so Elder Moses could make a call to report English scores of the Latino companions and while they were over we cooked pancakes and we also smashed 2 eggs on his head with a bit of flour too. I got it on video for you all to check out in a year. and for now I will send a couple photos.

SO this week the mission made a couple changes to help us all focus more on finding new investigators. It is really interesting and we are really starting to get a hold of it. We have so many different forms to find new people to teaching and a mountain of ways to street contact. That is a goal of mine for this week to find more ways to street contact. We talked about how Jesus Christ would do a street contact. I just thought about when he told his disciples "Come, Follow me." And they followed!! We as missionaries can have that same effect, we just gotta prepare ourselves right. So hopefully we can reach at least a little closer to that mark.

1) your trip to Piura last week
As I explained, the meeting was superb. It was also an awesome opportunity to go to Chili’s with Elder Robertson! We got chicken fajitas and they were spectacular. A pure southwestern USA meal. All the way here in Piura Peru.

2) the Ward Halloween Party
It didn't happen... We could never get much help of the members. But now we are going to really start and be smarter for an activity around Thanksgiving. I would like to try out a Turkey Bowl of Football. Elder Wilson is all in. haha but we are yet to plan. :) But yeah, we didn't do too much for Halloween other than Elder Cisneros's birthday and I also went on Exchanges with Elder Moses. That was really fun. The next day we also had a glorious breakfast of Dinosaur eggs. I got those packages this week!! haha that took like 2 months!! But that was tasty.

3) the best thing about your week :)
I love going to the Banana plantation. I also get "the Lord's vineyard" references thrown to mind. This time I pondered a lot about the classes of servants. There are really 3 types I focused on. 1. Those who don't work. 2. Those who work, but inefficiently, and 3. those who work efficiently. To work with real efficiency, you gotta keep learning daily. And I really realized that this week, and I am now working to learn more and more daily, especially about the lesson of the Restoration. That is key as a missionary. And I really do love to learn.

Well, I am out of time!!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!!! I wish you the best and a tasty pie or cake!! I will microwave myself a cake in your honor. I sure love you Dad, thanks for everything!

I love you all!! Keep learning and studying the scriptures! Doctrine and Covenants, that's awesome family!!! Let's do the New Testament when I get home!! And always study the Book of Mormon daily! :)

Keep up the great work!! Love you!

Elder Russell

 Celebrating Elder Cisneros' Birthday 
(looks like a lot of fun? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment