Monday, October 13, 2014

P-day at La Playa


Well another week that just flew by! Holy smokes, and this week ends the 6 week transfer session. We will see if I get transferred, but I think it is more on the unlikely side.

General Conference was awesome! So the first session I watched in English! The stake secretary was like yeah, yeah we have it in English! But they didn’t end up knowing how to set languages. So we all hurried into the Family History room and put it up on the computer. But it took much too long to load the video. So we tried bit by bit to sync up the audio in English on the computer with the muted TV screen. haha I mean it worked, but the volume was also terribly quiet. So I just decided to be the Peruvian I am and watch the other 4 sessions in Spanish. But it was super awesome! And my favorite was listening to the native Spanish speakers there! That was a real cool new feature to general conference.

My favorite session was probably the Sunday PM session! Elder Scott seems to always talk about prayer, but this time it stuck out to me and I am working to improve my prayers and really tell my Heavenly Father everything I've got on my mind. And in this short time putting that to better practice, I do feel his promised Peace. Also, Elder Bednar's talk was stellar. I liked that one, naturally, seeing how us missionaries can easily apply his teachings.

One thing that really lifted my spirits was last Monday. We had a FHE with 4 member families. And there were 4 less active members that are reactivating. Well, they are active, we just need to finish teaching them the lessons to help them learn a bit more and for one of the couples to help them get to the temple. But during the FHE, a member from BOTH of these families gave testimony about how grateful they are to be back in church. One of them told a story where they woke up to get ready for church then just decided to go back to sleep because she was tired. She then said that moment was when a certain missionary knocked on her door to remind her to go to church! That was Elder Corpona and I!! haha but it was quite a nice feeling to see the fruits of the missionary efforts we are doing here in reactivating people.

As for investigators, we are working on it. M just doesn’t seem interested so I think we are going to just go full steam ahead with J, but I don’t know where he escaped to Sunday! He said he was going to go to the Conference, but when we showed up to his house, his door was locked shut. So we will see what happened there. He seems to need things bit by bit, but he has a desire to learn so we are working.

Another goal this week is to follow up with lots of the families we have contacted this week. We have a goal to baptize families, and we are working towards finding at least 3 new investigator families each week now. So we will see how all that goes!!

Oh, and Mom, so here Serpost is the postage services. I heard they have been on strike... so I have not yet received the packages. But hopefully I should receive them before too long!

As for weather, actually it rained like 4 or 5  days this past week!!! Like drizzling... But one morning it started to Pour for like 20 minutes!! It was super awesome!! I miss rain and snow. haha

Dad, you said I should eat a cheeseburger, but here in Zarumilla I am yet to find where they sell burgers. But I had exchanges with the Zone Leaders and there they've got a quality burger shop and I ate what they call here a "Texan Burger" (not quite Texan, but they are tasty! haha)

Well, I thank you for all of your letters! I hope all is well back home! Holy smokes, I didn’t even recognize little Luke in the photos!! Crazy how you are all growing up back home! Keep up the good work! And apply General Conference! Especially the 4 things Elder Scott told us to make as habits, I did like his talk. :)

Love you all!


Elder Russell

Sure LOVE this boy! (and his jumping pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment