Monday, July 13, 2015

Zone Conference and Monopoly

 
Zone Conference with the Rasmussens

Hello family!!

This week went by quick! 

D is still right on target for this Sunday baptism, her interview is tomorrow and hopefully all goes well!

O is still in the hospital and we haven't heard anything from him since, we passed by his house to say hi to his family but we just got to talk to his son for a moment. They are doing well and I am sure that when all this gets sorted out they will progress real quick.

We had a quick Get to Know President and Sister Rasmussen Conference this week. That was really fun to get to know them better, and they also showed off many photos of their children, photos of their marriage, Pres. Rasmussen's mission, etc. They also talked about what appears to be the theme of their mission: Be epistles of Christ (see 2 Corinthians 3:2-3) and that is a really cool topic. They are really excited to be here and the mission already loves them, I do too. :) And Sister Rasmussen even prepared homemade cookies for us which were DELISH!

Do you have problems with bugs? And do you use mosquito netting over your bed?
We do not have mosquito problems in our apartment, like lots of other places in the mission. But in our room I am in constant combat against spiders and spiderwebs... and ants here and there. But we keep things clean and they are in process of finding another home.

What are you most looking forward to this week?
finding!! We need to find some new golden people!! I am also excited to see in Jorge Luis really does come back this week like he said! He said it is possible... so we'll see. I am also excited for interviews as well as the baptism of Daniella, and we are also working on a Ward Talent Show activity! so there is lots to look forward to!

We got E and T to church this Sunday!! So that was AWESOME! E apparently was up super late and couldn't attend with us this week... but it was great to get those two boys up there! T is a young man we are teaching. It is tricky because he is only 16 and his parents are not as receptive, but we are still working to see if we can get his parents out there and hopefully all works out!

E is still going strong for the 8th of August. Before we were working for the 25th of August, but then one of the last visits he told us "I said the 25th because I still wasn't sure if this was true and all that. But now I do. I want to be baptized. Like, tomorrow. Can I?"
We were like, "you've got to attend church with us! How about we prepare for the 8th of August?" And now he has his mind 100% set that on the 8th he is getting baptized. He is a real stellar young man, we are trying our best to get him all set to be a golden convert.

Well, the church is true!! My goals for finishing the mission is to finish the New Testament and the Book of Mormon. I am already in Mormon in the Book of Mormon, but I am only in St. John in the Bible, I've got to hurry up there, but I am learning LOTS! And I am already set that I will spend a good deal of time in the Harold B. Lee Library at BYU studying more church doctrine books when I'm home with a free moment. I love to study the scriptures now, it is one of the best things we can do to strengthen ourselves.

Well, have a good week!! Love you all!

Elder Russell

Our Zone in July...
and some P-day Monopoly!

No comments:

Post a Comment