Monday, July 20, 2015

Stylin' Ties and a Baptism


hello family!!

Well, this week D got baptized!! That was a fun little deal, every baptism has a way of unifying the Ward together. Even though it was a Primary gal (her family has several members in it, that is why she has attended church for years but never been baptized) we were happy to take part. I got to do the ordinance and you always feel good after taking part in that.

What was the best thing that happened this week?
Lots of things actually!! But here are 2 things that were great:

J sent us a text this week saying he is coming home and plans to call us on Tuesday to go visit him!!! WOO!! He also said he was going to attend church yesterday (Sunday) in Chiclayo. We aren't quite sure what church he was referring to, but we are hoping for the best and happy he still is focused on the importance of church.

Us 2 companionships of Elders in our district went and bought a stylin' fabric one P-day and asked a sister in the Ward to make us ties. We showed them off yesterday all together and got lots of comments. The sister in the Ward was VERY content to hear all the 
compliments :) The picture has been sent.

Do you have any funny or unusual experiences to share?
One funny thing of the week was the Ward Talent Show we put together!! We announced it would be starting at 6:30. We started at 8 when everybody finally showed up... Dad, you mentioned how the Mormon culture tends to run late to meetings... I feel ya.
But us missionaries ended up doing several skits. Have you ever seen "How animals eat their food" from youtube? You'll have to check it out, that is what we did. haha we also did "The Bad Samaritan" and the sister missionaries sang a song one of the members wrote about the first vision that was way cool! I have the videos, I will show them off when I get home.

How did you spend your P-day?
We went to Catacaos today. We went all touristy and bought things to bring home to our families. I got a cool thing or two. :)
Then we bought our food for the week. I still have a lot left over from buying last week, so this week I just bought soy milk, whole wheat bagels, cream cheese, and toothpaste. Bagels here are extremely rare, but recently we keep finding them in Tottus! And soy milk is a new favorite of mine, it is rather inexpensive here.

Logan wants to know if you ever see any llamas? :)
sadly not as often as you would think... but every now and then, yes! haha

Well, sorry I don't have too much to write this week... I also am going to try to help a reactivated member fill in his family search account, we are helping him send like 15 names this week if all goes well!! I love family history!!

This week I have been trying to advance a lot in my reading in the Bible. I am really enjoying the book of Acts, there is a lot of stuff in there I didn't know about honestly. But this morning it really hit me just how much I LOVE the Book of Mormon. I read Mormon 7 today and WOW I really like that chapter a lot!! It just puts together the purpose of the Book of Mormon, The Plan of Salvation, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ short and sweet. I love the Book of Mormon and I hope you are all reading it and feasting upon it every single day!

Well, I love you all! The church is true!! Have a great week!

Elder Russell



No comments:

Post a Comment