Wednesday, July 1, 2015

A Full Day of English Speaking


Hello family!!

Well, I am going to have to be a little quick today, I've got lots of things to do actually! but this has been a fun week!!

We had a real bummer deal... Tuesday was J's baptismal interview. As the District Leader and my companion waited for his arrival for the interview, he calls to say he is leaving for Chiclayo for a job offer and doesn't know when he'll be back. so we are going to try to get back in contact with him, but he's gone for now. It was a bummer deal and made a bit of stress for the night but we are right back to working hard and I think next week we are going to have a baptism of D!

As for President Rasmussen, I will be meeting him tomorrow night. This transfer we got lots of stuff set up to get to know him. so fun stuff! I will let you know more about him when I meet him.

So about yesterday, We went to Palominos, a small little village like 20 minutes outside of Tambo Grande. we were 6 companionships, every companionship having a North American in it. We worked as Translators for The Hope Alliance Humanitarian group!!! They were doing eye exams and giving out glasses. Of the 11 volunteers only like 3 could speak Spanish so that is how we helped out. SOOO AWESOME!! I will explain the whole deal when I get home and explain with the pictures. But all of them are from the Park City or SLC area! A full day of English speaking and holy smokes that was one of the best service activities I've had on my mission! They also have projects today and tomorrow and they got other missionaries helping them there. I wanted to do it the three days! I think when I get home I want to look into doing one of those trips! haha That group is the group Brother Ferrell does the dental trips with actually, I think. Lots of new friends to look up when I get home!

E is doing great, he is progressing and we are teaching his brother-in-law too who is super great, he is golden! When we invited him to baptism he was like "Of course! If this turns out to be true why wouldn't I get baptized?!" And it all just keeps clicking and making perfect sense to him! It has been really cool to teach him. And we are still trying to get more of the family to listen. Bit by bit they are coming!

D is a 8 year old we are teaching. She is honestly a Ward baptism, weekly attending girl, but neither of her parents are members. She lives with her mom and grandma and goes to church with her grandma every week. Her grandma wants her baptized, the mom is allowing it, and D
wants to be baptized too. The Mom just left for Lima looking for a job so we lost the teaching process with her for now, but D is just about all set and has really helped us learn how to keep the doctrine simple which can sometimes be a bit tricky. And having to find fun ways to teach to keep them focused: The Plan of Salvation drawing map, movies, games (she asks for a game after EVERY lesson so we promise one every once and a while if she reads the scriptures) and it has been fun!

Well, all is well!! Have a great week!

Elder Russell
On our way!
 


 Dad...?

No comments:

Post a Comment