Monday, May 4, 2015

All is Well in Tacala!

Hello!!

Another week... wow!

Answer questions:

Do you still wear a hat when you are tracting?
No, I actually gifted it to another elder who needed it more than I do. Here in my area it is a bit more urban too, and my hat for a more rural setting...

How do you keep from getting sun burned?
sunscreen!! Yes, I do use it.

Do you drink the water anywhere you go or do you have to drink bottled water?
A little bit of both. Lots of people when they give you water it has either been boiled or it comes from one of those large jugs of bottled water.

Does any of the food make you sick or are you able to eat about anything that you want to?
At this point I don't appear to have many problems. This mission has rules against eating ceviche, pork, lettuce, or strawberries. Ceviche could probably get me a bit sick if it's not well prepared.

Do you think you will stay in the area you are in for the rest of your mission or do you think you will be transferred another time?
It is pretty sure I will be here until the end of my mission.

Do you know how many converts the mission will have in one year?
I am not sure of that number actually... I will look into that. :)

How many missionaries are there in your mission?
hmm.... something around 200 I think

Do people have pets like they do in the US?
yeah, dogs, cats, chicken, ducks. But they aren't as pampered pets here as they are in the US.

Do most of the kids graduate from high school and do people get a chance to go to college or do they have to go to work?
It is a lot like the US in that aspect. Pretty much everyone graduates and a majority seem to go to college.

The most unusual thing you saw or experienced this week?
hmm...honestly this week was quite regular, nothing too new for me at least. Maybe I am just used to the culture by now. haha

What upcoming thing/event are you most looking forward to?
This week is going to be crazy with lots of stuff!! So I am just looking forward to a full week of adventure! 

This week was great, we got some new people to work with! We got a new progressing investigator, who attended church with us yesterday!! He is super awesome and the ward members were great with him! He already has some good fellowshipping there. He is doing great.

One thing this week I liked is that we have had several lessons where we have taught the doctrine spot on. There are moments where you teach the lesson and the investigators understand and all you have to do there is give them the opportunity to accept it or not. As missionaries you have done your part, it all just depends to them. Then when they accept or not, you can still feel confident that you did what you were sent to do. Despite the occasional rejection, you feel good when you do your part!

We are helping the ward prepare a Mother's Day Activity!! It sounds like it is going to be a little talent show/presentations, then a dance, then little gifts for the mothers. We aren't going to take much part, but we are helping the ward get it all set up.

Well, I love you all!! All is well here in Tacala!!

Elder Russell


No comments:

Post a Comment