Monday, May 25, 2015

Working Hard and Having Fun!

Hello!!

To answer questions first:

What do you guys typically do on your P Days. Do you usually do something as a zone or do you do something as a companionship?
depends, it looks like this month we are planning to do zone activities every other week. Some zones have zone activities weekly, others have 1 every other month... depends where you are in the mission.

Do you get many dinner appointments?
nope. I could count the dinner appointments I have had in the mission with my hands. But that is because dinner here is a very light meal normally. Here Lunch is the big meal, and with that we do have lunch appointments. We eat with the members on the weekends.

Is there much of a difference in the weather from other areas of your mission?
Not really... Sullana is the hottest place, Tumbes after that, then Piura, and Paita and Talara always has a breeze so it isn't as hot. But the sun shines strong wherever you are. But recently it has been nice and cloudy, and cool in the night.

Have you ever used a coat?
never. for those coming to serve here in Piura: you don't need a big coat. A sweater is good to have, but you will never need anything more than that.

Is there anything that you wished you had brought with you to begin your mission?
hmm... nothing in particular. I was well set and I have always found where to buy things I needed.

Do you go on a lot of splits with the missionaries in your zone?
yes, with the District Leaders and then the Assistants also do splits with us. So we do 1 almost weekly.

Do you do any team teaching with the sister missionaries?
is that where you teach a lesson together with the sister missionaries? I have only done that once in my mission for a family home evening to introduce us to someone in our area the sister missionaries were previously teaching. but no, that isnt common, in fact I didn't even know that was a thing..

Favorite Peruvian thing of the week?
hmm...  I don't know... it is all my favorite by now! haha

Best thing about serving with Elder Mallo?
We work really well together! We are well balanced and he really knows how to use the scriptures well, so he helps me out in that. But LOTS of good things happening working with Elder Mallo.

What was your highlight of the week?
Placing a baptismal date with JL!!


So I don't have too much time!! But this week was awesome!! We are really working hard to baptize, and we are inviting everyone! And it just so happened that Sunday I had to teach Gospel Principles class about Baptism, and Elder Mallo got up at the end and announced to everyone that we are preparing baptismal services for those present who are not yet baptized. And I think it actually really got an investigator excited that the other Elders are teaching! So that has been fun!

We got J getting ready for the 20th of June!! He is progressing GREAT and loves being with us, he honestly would run around with us all day if we could! haha we just need to help him get really set on getting baptized, because he is without a job right now and he told us before that if he gets an offer out in his small home town village, he is going to go and take it.. and there is no church out there yet. So we are praying that he can find a job here in Piura so that doesn't complicate things.

We've also got C, whose nephew (even though they are the same age) is going on a mission at the end of June. He wants to get baptized and we are still trying to help out his other family members. Their home is full of potential! So C has a baptismal date and 2 other family members in the home we are trying to reactivate, so hopefully we can get that all worked out!

And we are working hard and having fun!! Today we are going to visit a hilarious family. You will have to ask me about them when I get home, they are a laugh! But hopefully we can get them baptized too!

The church is true! Hopefully this week I can finish reading the Book of Mormon, I will keep you posted! I also know that by the power of the Holy Ghost, ye may know the truth of all things. I had several spectacular experiences with that this week. I know that God is guiding us in this work.

Love you all! Keep up the good work!

Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment