Monday, November 10, 2014

Taxi Rides and Haircuts


This week has been very great. I think the quality of the week is easily related to the quality of taxi cars you've used. This week I got to ride in TWO taxis where the speedometer and other gauges actually functioned. Let me tell you, THAT is a high score.

And so was this week!

Except for barbershops here. I got my hair cut today. Today they did it well, but let me tell you, even the most faithful of prayers are put to test there. You have to just go expecting the unexpected. hahaha

So how are you all this week? I hope you are doing well! Dad, I hoped you enjoyed your hamburgers and banana cream pie! When I get back home I will be sure to fry you a Peruvian burger, here they put the french fries inside the hamburger! Or other times it comes with grilled bananas and a fried egg.

So this week was great, you remember that couple I told you about last week who we have activated and got their temple recommends? Well this week we have helped them with their family history and together we got them set with 4 names ready for the temple! And they got more to send, they say they will go with at least 8 names! So I am excited for them!!

Another young man Elder Corpona and I reactivated told me Saturday that he is also getting his interviews to go to the temple trip!!!! I was so excited! He is a return missionary but he hadn't been feeling too set for going back to the temple just yet. But I think the Bishop helped him out and that is just so awesome for him!

This week we had interviews with President Rowley. I love those interviews. He sure does know how to help a missionary out. He really gave me more enthusiasm to keep running hard.

Another thing that was really cool was Elder Encarnacion and I setting up the goals for December for reactivated members and baptisms. We got some good goals and plans alongside. I sure hope we can make it happen. God has his plans, we just gotta give it all we got to make sure it happens.

Well, a new plan that Elder Encarnacion and I have is do more tracting. We visit a LOT of less actives and we could easily have 20 visits with just less actives within a week. But we need more investigators. So we have selected like a 4th of our area and this week we are gonna knock all their doors! So hopefully we get something outta that! We have already knocked a few and got a few fruits for the efforts!

R and his family are getting better and better! Their children want to come to church! We just gotta help the mom who doesn't seem to want to drop the Catholic tradition and the dad just seems to be holding something back. But they are reading and praying and hopefully we can get them to church this week!!

Well, this week we have a mission conference with Elder Evans, a General Authority! He is a Seventy, and something like the head of the Missionary Program, so it is a really big deal! And he only speaks English and Japanese, so that will be interesting to see how that goes! I will be sure to keep you informed on that awesome deal!!

Well, I love you all!! Have a great week!! The Church is true and Jesus is our Lord and Savior. I love him and am really starting to understand His eternal importance. This mission has changed ALL understanding I have about the Plan of Salvation. I KNOW God loves every one of us.

Love you all!! Adios amigos!

Elder Russell

 Scenes from a Banana Plantation...

No comments:

Post a Comment