Monday, January 19, 2015

Short and Sweet

Hello family!!                                                      

This week was pretty good! I was sick for the majority, but we plugged along and worked hard!!

This week we were able to talk to the lady who came to church last week, she is SUPER AWESOME! We taught the first lesson and she accepted the baptismal invitation. At church a couple days later, her husband was like "don't be afraid to give her a baptismal date. I've been preparing her, she is ready." It happens that Elder Machaca and I already got the plans and this week we are going to set her with a baptismal date. it is hard because she doesn't have a very open schedule for work, and sometimes works on Sundays, so we will work on that. But she is SUPER awesome. Learns real quick and has great support.

You mentioned Carnival last week…Will you tell us more about that?
Well this south American culture comes from Brazil I believe, but around these months is where ALL of the youth are playing with water balloons and filled buckets and water guns. They normally don't mess with the missionaries, but sometimes they even try to soak US. It is a fun activity.

What have you learned about your new companion this week?
He is a great companion, he is dedicated to get running right off the bat in this area. He is a convert of about 5 years. He likes soccer. He is helping me be better at contacting. He is always walking up to the person, and we are helping each other be better in the quality of the contact. He is helping me learn that I need to be humble and patient. He is super awesome, a different personality, but we get along well and we both have the same strong desire for success.

What is the weather like now?
Hot. We are in the summer now. But I mean it stays within 80s and 90s I think. But I hear it might start raining in a couple months... but for now it is just hot. haha

Wow, time FLEW by this internet time today... sorry!! And mom, I brought the wrong memory chip, so I didn't get photos sent this time.... sorry! NEXT WEEK I promise.

Have a great week!! I LOVE the Book of Mormon and I know Joseph Smith restored the true church.


Elder Russell


No comments:

Post a Comment