Monday, December 15, 2014

RANCH DRESSING!

Hello Family!!

Well another week flew by!

One fun thing this week was that I had exchanges with one of my Zone Leaders, Elder Rich. On the moto taxi ride to their house, he tells me "Hey, I got a suprise for you in our house." I was like "sweet!" I was thinking it would be my new set of scriptures I asked for. But no. When I got there, he motions to a big blue sack. "Look inside." I start sifting through the letters and packages and then he says "To help you out, those are all for you." WHAAAA? So thank you all, wonderful friends and family!! We are all set and decked out for Christmas.

This week went by quick. We had a district leader training meeting (yes, I am still District Leader here in Lopez Albujar, it is actually my 8th transfer holding this responsibility) and the assistants asked if I could play Christmas music for the meeting. I told them I am so sorry but I don't know any well enough right now. Later the President came up and told me to repent. I explained it wasn't my fault that I have 15 months in the mission and that not a single area has a ward building with a piano. But I did tell him that I am repenting anyways because I have to play for the next multi zone conference. And I found that our ward actually has some old keyboard they don't use anymore. Some say that it is broken, others say that it isn't. I think we are gonna run over there after internet right now to check it out. But my fingers have been playing some good Christmas tunes recently! :)

What plans (if any) have you made for Christmas Day? 
Well Christmas Eve as a Zone we are going caroling in the Plaza de Armas of Piura (like the central plaza) then I heard members are inviting the whole Zone to a dinner. Which is awesome, but we also have lots of invites from members, the Bishop, so we are going to do a lot of running around. On the 25th we've got skype all set up. An awesome family we are teaching told us we could use their skype. It seems like it might be in the morning or later evening... my companion has to figure out if his mom will be working or not and schedule when they'll be home. But I will have all the info set for next Monday. any preferences of time? 

Does the Ward have any big events or activities going on for Christmas?
YES! we have a Ward party with a nativity, choirs, hot chocolate and paneton (even in this desert they like hot chocolate!) and it is going to be awesome. We are trying to invite lots of people. but I am excited because this ward is doing serious planning and they seem to plan well! I am excited!

Tell us about your Pensionista... and what is the best thing you ate this week?
GREAT pensionista. We always get a main dish, then usually a side dish of vegetables to share as a companionship, or a soup, and then always dessert like Jello or flan or fruits. it is awesome. Her name is Socorro. She is a great lady, active church member and just awesome. But actually one of the best things I ate this week was homemade RANCH DRESSING! The Mission President's wife has to make it, or taught their pensionista how to make it, and they served it for the lunch in the District Leader meeting.

Well this week we are going to work really hard with A. She had a baptismal date for the 21st, but she didn't come to church. We have been having to focus a lot on helping her mom (recent convert) with personal problems and stuff but this week we are going to really help her out and hopefully to end the month or to start January she can be baptized. She is an awesome young gal.

Sorry gotta go now. I gotta take care of bugs on my USB and get some more Mormon Messages to share. We got some less actives that LOVE those things.

But I love you all!! Have a great week!!

THE CHURCH IS TRUE!! MERRY CHRISTMAS

ELder RUssell

No comments:

Post a Comment