Monday, December 22, 2014

He is the Gift

Hello family!!

Well, this week was great!! And this next week will be CRAZYYYY. This week consisted of way too many rehearsals. As a zone we performed for the multi zone conference, and we also performed in a park as a zone. The sisters in our zone contacted a lady on the board of some organization, and they ended up inviting us to perform a choir for a Christmas activity for local children (especially the homeless and less privileged I believe they told us). We went and sang and that was such a blast! The people really didn't seem to be too enthusiastic with us, but we gave it our all with the Christmas hymns and ending with the Spanglish "Feliz Navidad" song. That was an unforgettable experience. Then we gave out a million of those "El es la dadiva" cards (he is the gift) and hopefully the sister missionaries get a lot out of that!

Today we have a multi zone conference. Remember how I told you about how I needed to repent and play more piano? Well I am now well repented. Full out broken heart and contrite spirit. I had to play piano for ALL the songs. But it was great to learn all those songs! :)

Tonight we are also singing as 2 zones in the biggest shopping mall in Piura and we got missionaries dressing up as Santa and elves for photos and with a projector of El es la Dadiva (He is the Gift) playing and we will be giving out more of those cards. IT IS CHRISTMAS

This week is going to be crazy. Hopefully this week we get people to visit. We've also got to help A. Her baptismal date fell again. This time we really don't know what happened. Pray for her please. :)

Thinking about He is the Gift, I actually think a lot about the song, Little Drummer Boy. Elder Encarnacion had that song and it is seriously my favorite. But when it says "I have no gift to bring" but then "shall I play for you? Me and my drum." We all have our gifts or talents or something to give to our Savior. Right now I have the miraculous ability to give my full time. But you all also have your miraculous gifts to give. Maybe it isn't Gold or Frankensence or Myrrh. But we must all find what we can give, just like the little drummer boy. We can all give something. Something personal, something special.

The Book of Mormon explains that if it were not for the Saviour, we would all become the Devil´s angels. We would be under Satan's control, to be miserable forever. Only through Jesus Christ can we escape from the bands of Physical and Spiritual Death. Think about that. Now I know why there were so many angels singing at his birth. It makes me want to sing praises to my God. And I hope every single one of you feels the same way this Christmas. Trust in the Lord, discover who He is, "Come and see" was his personal invitation to every single one of us.

Sorry I don't have too much to say today, I will be seeing you all on Christmas :) I love you all!! Did you guys find my presents I had ready for you? I already forgot what they were... hahah they should be in my room or maybe you already have them?

But I love you all!! Jesus is the Christ. His birth changed this world forever.

con mucho amor,
Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment