Monday, May 12, 2014

Hooray For Skype! :)

With my new companion, Elder Plata from Bolivia, and President and Sister Rowley

Hello family,

Well, it was so great to see you all yesterday!! I loved seeing all of your faces and brushing up on speaking fluent English! :) Hopefully I was able to answer all of your questions or at least put a dent in the list! haha That was an awesome idea mom about me bearing my testimony in Spanish, we will have to be sure to do that at Christmas!

Also, about sending me the photos and video links. THANK YOU! The photos I now have on my USB and I will get some prints of those. The videos however, I would need the video itself as a file, not the link. But those videos are awesome and I would sure love to have them!

So family, you might have to write down a recap of what all is going on down here from our Skype call, but here I will write down some more other little fun things.

So about my new companion, Elder Plata. He is a fun young man, quite green in the mission but we are working hard. Inside I really get a kick out of what he does sometimes. His second day in the area he was already telling me the quicker route to get back to the apartment. hahaha He is very confident and not afraid to share with me his thoughts. Which is super awesome because that comes out with him participating a whole lot more in lessons than I did when I started. I admire that and for that trait he will grow fast. 

Today we went shopping for food and we decided to just eat here at the mall. The portions here are rather small for me, so I was trying to figure out what I was going to do to get filled. So we ended up buying a Norky's Family Combo. Norky's is like KFC. So we got a massive plate of french fries and 6 piece chicken bowl and soda and chicken tenders and a chicken sandwich and we are STUFFED! hahaha so we are having fun!

Sorry I don't have any more time... that 2 minute warning snuck up on me!

I love you all so much, check out all the new photos I sent you in Dropbox from Sechura and Tambo Grande!

Love you all!!

con amor y felicidad,
Elder Collin Russell

SKYPE!
With Elder Plata, his companion
 With Elder Toolson, his Zone Leader
Us watching him...
 Him watching us…
(and demonstrating the game that some play there -- racing to get the wing nut to the bottom first :)
 And doing a little sand boarding while in Sechura (his last area)


No comments:

Post a Comment