Monday, March 31, 2014

7 Months in the Mission!

Buenas Tardes mi familia amada,

Another week gone by! Man is time just flying or what... I already hit 7 months in the mission! It feels like yesterday I was at 4 months thinking "only 20 whole months left..." but now I dont even want to think how many I have left. 2 years really isn't that long!! well... ok, maybe sometimes. And Mom, I bet sometimes you wouldn't agree either, right? haha

But things are going well! A little bump in the road this week was that both myself and my companion got a little sick... I am all better now, I think I ate something just a little funky, and my companion ate something quite funky. But we are still working hard and staying strong! It was a little frustrating for us to miss a couple visits because of it, but in time we will be right back to top speed and overdrive before you know it!! :)

One cool thing about this week was visiting a newer investigator. We actually met him on a bus ride back to Tambo Grande. So we had splits that day and I went to visit him with a member who is a Scripture whiz, and a great guy. I have gone on splits with him before. He shared several great scriptures with the investigator from Ether and Alma and then 2 Nephi, and the investigator was writing down all the references, absorbing the words very attentively, and in the end he told us he was done with the things of the world and going to start more with religion. He started to see how amazing the Book of Mormon truly is! That investigator just got a big boost in his testimony for the convincing evidence of the church and the gospel of Jesus Christ! The Book of Mormon is the best, and that was a great experience that helped me remember that a little bit better.

Today for P Day we changed apartments! I am still dripping in sweat from it. haha Pheww!! It was a great living space, but the new one has cement roofing, so it is much cooler temperature wise. But moving - not fun! haha but we had the magnificent help from the family of the pensionista.

Well, it is great to hear all is well back home!! And holy smokes to that hair photo!! It's like Tangled! Crazy deal, haha! (I sent him a picture of some of the cousins with their "extreme" hairstyles :)

Well, I love you all!! I will probably get the letter this next week or two, and I should get the package before Easter! Thank you all so so much for sending stuff to me! Now all of Tambo Grande looooooves Tootsie rolls! The children are always like "giiiiiiiiiive me a piece of candy." ("Daaaaaaaame un caramelo" in Spanish haha) and now the parents are even starting to do it too!! haha I love Tambo Grande!

Well, take luck! I will talk to you next Monday! Love you and thank you all so much for all you do!

Con amor y Felicidad,
Elder Collin Russell

At my Pensionista's house.
 With some Tambo Grande Branch members at Stake Conference.


No comments:

Post a Comment