Monday, January 27, 2014

Now is the Time...

Hey there family!! 

Sorry I don't have too much time today, the internet has been a little slow... but hopefully I can get a little good info to ya!

Thank you all for your advice and prayers about church attendance, I am learning a lot from you all, and actually this week was a LOT better! We had a good turnout with less actives and 3 investigators, one of them with a baptism date so that was REALLY good we got her there, and she later said she loved it, especially that she learned a lot in the Gospel Principles class and she loved the trust and bondship within Relief Society and the service they provide to one another. so that was a success!! Thank you all!! We hope to keep up that good work!

Also, this Sunday was a big one for me! I gave a talk in Sacrament, and played the intermediate hymn on piano, then taught Gospel Principles (the teacher wasn't there, so we are who fill in when that happens) (aka the class that our investigator said she loved and learned a lot from, no big deal... haha) and then Primary! So yep, all within very short notice. The life of missionaries! Hopefully we taught ok! It was fun!

Oh, this week´s big thing that I started doing... We really are working to improve our area book and information we have of the area. Our map of the area isn´t very good... so I got my thinking cap on. I went and printed a little map of Sechura, and then copied it to a transparency and made a projection setup! I am now finishing up a giant homemade map of Sechura to put up on the wall. It´s been a fun thing to do!

We are really getting to work well! We are starting to focus on less actives. And like our mission president promised, when we start to focus on them, our success will increase. We are starting to know more and more less actives and they just pop up out of nowhere!! One day we flagged down a moto to get to the other side of town. The Moto slowed down and this raggedy man yells out "ELDERES!!" and Elder Tamani goes "Los Rosales. how much will it cost?" and he goes "Don't worry about it! Get in!!" Which then resulted in a free moto ride and a less active reference for the other Elders in Sechura! It is awesome, Sechura is full of them!

Always look out to help your fellow members!! Now is the time to rescue those who have drifted! I know that we can bless their lives.

Well gotta go!! I love you all so much!! The church is true and I LOVE THE GOSPEL!

Collin downloaded more pictures today, including this...



No comments:

Post a Comment