Monday, December 30, 2013

Hasta Pronto Elder Inocente


Hello my wonderful family!!

Ok.... first I must apologize... I have SO MANY PICTURES to send you all. But I totally forgot my camera today. We are heading over to the marketplace and we didn't decide to write until we got here. So next week, I PROMISE!!

Well, yep. I am now without my innocent companion... haha Elder Inocente is now serving in the zone bordering my zone. He is a district leader there and is companions with Elder Olorgtegui, an Elder that was in my room in the CCM and he is AWESOME. They will do great, but I miss Elder Inocente already. But luckily he seemed to forget quite a few things here, so maybe I'll be seeing him soon for that... haha!

And, if Elder Inocente isnt here anymore, it's true, I have a new companion! His name is Elder Tamani! He is from Peru, from a city located eastward of Lima, in the Jungle area! He has 15 months in the mission, is our new district leader, and seems to be a great guy! Elder Inocente and him were actually in the same district in Paita about 8 months back or something.

But what I do know about him, he has 6 siblings, he has served in Piura, Paita, then Talara, and now here. This is his first time as a District Leader. His jokes are funny, he's got me laughing already. He packs around a lot. Like, he bought a KEYBOARD in the mission. So he has like 5 bags and boxes he packed into Sechura. I'm honestly super pumped we have a keyboard though, even though when he first pulled it out I had no idea what to think... but now I can practice and learn hymns, and also we can bring it to church on Sundays so we can actually have a piano for Sacrament Meeting!!!

This will be a fun new adventure! I have to be the senior companion for the week to show him around and get his feet settled in this Desert sand. Normally missionaries have 4 months in an area, or 3 transfers, so I will most likely only have 6 weeks with him then head off to a new area.

We did have a farewell "family home evening" style party in the church for Elder Inocente with ward members. I gave an awesome spiritual thought (about marriage, seeing how Elder Inocente will start focusing on that in 3 months... hahaha! Then I transfered to talking about Aaron's teaching to Lamoni, and Ammon's role in that too, it all went rather awesome, I say) and then we ate chicken sandwiches and then cake!

Yes, the thing about cake in the face. If there is a birthday, or any kind of celebration that includes a cake for a person. The person is supposed to take a bite out of the cake. And, always, people slam their head into the cake to cover their face with frosting. This time, Elder Inocente was being very careful because he did not want to get frosting on his collar, so after failed attempts to get his face in the cake, Hermana Mara just scooped up frosting in her hand and smeared it over Elder Inocente's face!! It was so funny! And then Hermana Mara and Lourdes then did that to every other missionary there.

But during the spirital thought time of the reunion, everyone said a little thing to Elder Inocente. (This was Saturday night) and we also visited bunches of people Sunday for him to say goodbye. And Holy Smokes, I was honestly outstanded by how many people were CRYING to the fact he was leaving. He seriously had the biggest impact on these people. It's awesome.

Sunday night as a farewell deal from us missionaries, we cooked up Fajitas! Guatemalan food on tortillas, it was quite tasty! So that was a fun deal, the district had a good time, and we wont be the same without my Companion Elder Inocente!

Bueno, but there is always a new chapter! The week's plans are to get everyone to get to know Elder Tamani and set off his time here to be great! President Rowley told me that he knows there will be some great new excitement with this change, and I am so excited to make it happen and see what we bring from our efforts!

I know the church is true! I love it! I still have the spirit of Christmas in my heart, Jesus is the Christ and we can return to our Heavenly Father through this Gospel of Jesus Christ. Read your scriptures! I finished Mosiah this week, and Holy Smokes, there is GOLD in that book! They are still golden plates when it comes to quality of the words. Better than gold! But anyways, read them. Because they will bless and change your life.

Take luck! I love you all! It was awesome to see you all through Skype! and HAPPY NEW YEAR this week!! 2014 here we come!

Con Amor y Felicidad,
Elder Russell

(Collin may have forgotten to download photos, but thanks to Lourdes, we still have some!)
Elder Walker, Elder Arce, Hermana Mara, Elder Inocente, Elder Russell
With Elena and Jeanpier Chunga


No comments:

Post a Comment