Monday, June 8, 2015

Another Week Gone!

Hello family!!

Another week gone! Holy smokes!

The leadership meeting was great!! We talked a lot about setting goals and making plans, which was a great refresher. We also talked a lot about Family History and how we need to work a LOT harder with our recent converts to send names to the temple.

This week we got 3 new people with baptismal dates! One is a new couple we invited in the first lesson. The young man has yelled out to the missionaries many many times to go visit him as he has walked in the streets a little tipsy... but we finally visited him and he is willing to change and his wife is happy to see it, so we are going to start working with them and see how it goes

The other new person is a member of a LDS family. She is the aunt that has recently moved from Chimbote (if I remember right) and she likes what she sees in the member's family. So we taught her the plan of salvation and she really liked hearing all that and is working for baptism.

Questions:

How far away from the Ocean are you now?
like around 2 hours I think... maybe 1.5 hours.

What are your favorite activities to do for PDay?
Today we played Monopoly again. But I lost rather quickly today... But I like low key PDays, we work hard during the week and I like to take a rest.

How much does your rent cost?
we pay 300 soles per month. So around 100 dollars a month.

Do you have air conditioning?
Nope, but we have a fan and open windows.

Does it ever rain?
There was a rainy season where it rained like 5 or  times. Now it is just cloudy a lot of the time, which is nice.

Do you still play the piano sometimes?
Sadly no... In my whole mission I have not yet had a ward with a piano.

What was the best thing about your week?
This week we found several families where there is like just 1 or 2 baptized members in the family. Part Member Families are AWESOME. So hopefully this week we are going to get a hold of several of these families and reactivate the members and baptize the others! A lot of that came from the help of our Ward Mission Leader and his assistant because yesterday we did splits with them so we could attend our regular visits as well as go track down the inactive converts of the last 2 years. We found lots of work to do! :)

Anything else you want to share? :)
All is well! We are having fun! I am tired, but we keep working.

I finished the Book of Mormon this week!! Tuesday I finished. When we were invited by President Rowley to read the whole Book of Mormon before 1st of July, I was already in Alma 30. So I put that to the side and started over. Now I finished so I am starting back in Alma. I plan to finish before I get home and maybe try for one extra run through if I can! I LOVE the Book of Mormon. I have seen how God gives us Line upon Line, Precept upon precept. I now understand SO much more than I did 2-3 years ago when I was reading back home. This Book is loaded with amazing stuff.

Well, I honestly don't have too much more to tell! We keep working hard and I keep trying to improve! I want to become a better teacher and I've just got to keep working on it!

Well, I love you all!! Have a great week!

Elder Russell



No comments:

Post a Comment