Monday, February 23, 2015

Baptism!


 Hello my wonderful family!!

Well this week was the BEST. V got baptized!!!!! Woo!!! This whole experience is something I will never forget. It was spectacular. Thank you all SO SO much for the prayers!!!!

After her baptismal interview she told me that she wanted me to baptize her. She has been super awesome, this week we also set up a Family Home Evening visit (but it was on Thursday... haha) with our Pensionista and her husband as well as the Ward Mission Leader. We had a lesson about Temples and holy smokes our Pensionista, Hermana S, and her husband, Hermano J, knocked it out of the park sharing their testimonies and experiences in the church and in the temple.

Then Saturday night we had the baptism. Here it is part of the culture to arrive late.... but in the end we got a good number of members there and we had the baptismal service. V was a little nervous but after the baptism we all sat back down and continued the baptismal program. She was starting to get a little emotional and started to tell me she couldn't put words to how she felt, then they invited her to share her testimony with the group. And moments like THAT are priceless. She go up there and shared such a powerful testimony! I know she is going to stay strong and endure to the end.

She then got confirmed the next day (Sunday) and she actually already has a church calling! Bishop assigned her to be in charge of the bulletin board in the church, so when people want to post things, they go to her. And after church that day, she was already to work!! She reorganized the whole thing and set it up really neat! When I saw her already working on it I was caught by surprise how she got to it!! I know it may not be the biggest calling, but you can see she is excited and felt the change through these magnificent covenants. She and her husband are already looking towards the temple! And from the moment I get home I want to start saving up to come back and see them go through. haha This has been such a great experience.

What was the highlight of your week?
see above. It has been a week full of highlights. haha

Who is a person that made a difference in your life this week?
Well, not to make everything based on the baptism... But V and V. I am set on keeping in contact with them all my life. They are super awesome.

Any funny or unusual experiences to share?
Well... remember how I said people here tend to be late?... hahaha well I was getting a little impatient that we were about 15 minutes past the hour set for the baptism and the Bishop wasn't there yet, so I asked a member to call him and tell him we are waiting on him. He asked the member to pass the phone to me and when I answer he replies "Elder? You are waiting on me? But Elder, I can't come... Nooooo I'm here at home sleeping, I am just too tired from playing Soccer yesterday.... I'm not coming...." And I am just sitting there thinking: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!" and right in that moment he walks into the church building all ready to go. hahaha I was about ready to beat on him. hahaha Our Bishop is really awesome. :) So that was a fun little moment.

Well, that is all the time I have for now!! 

Love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Russell



No comments:

Post a Comment