Monday, November 25, 2013

Build Your Testimony


Dear family!

Buenos días! Como están todos de ustedes? Espero que todos están fantástico! :)

Beuno, first things first, I shall talk a little about the trip to Chiclayo to see Elder Nelson!! We spent the night before in the zone leaders quarters, and in the morning all the mission took 3 big buses to Chiclayo. It was about 4 hours I believe. I did see some familiar faces, like all my old friends from the CCM, Elder Darrin Nielson, Elder Kaden Watkins, And Elder Rich my cousin! (and hey, you guys should ask Elder Rich's parents about what happened to his finger, that was a shocker to see!!!) But Elder and Sister Warddell, of the Area Seventy, spoke, then Elder and Sister Nelson. What Elder Nelson and his wife talked about especially blew me away. He talked about when you meet someone, start with your name and where you're from, then they will answer you with their name. Ask about their name, what does it mean? Where does it come from? Ask about their parents, their grandparents. Do they know their names? What about their great grandparents. Most people will not know the names of their great grandparents. But you as a missionary can save THEM! Sister Nelson said that when you are teaching, know and feel that you have all of these people's ancestors sitting there cheering you on! Because the progress of their posterity is the only way for their ancestors to be found to have their work done!
The importance and power of ancestry was so profound!! Ordinances of salvation are an individual matter. But of Exaltation, the highest orders of Priesthood Power and Eternal Life are a family matter. Oh, their teachings were beautiful!! SO amazing!!

Another fun thing was in the beginning of the conference, Every missionary had the opportunity to shake their hands!! When I shook Elder Russell M. Nelson's hand, he looked at me then my nametag and said "Elder Russell, you take good care of my name now, will ya?" haha oh man! Such a wonderful experience.

Yesterday night there was a broadcast for los consejos de Barrios and how to improve the work of Salvation through the work of missionaries and members together. One thing I gotta tell you all, I am SO PUMPED to be a member missionary after the mission. That might sound a little weird coming from a full time missionary, but you guys have such an amazing opportunity over there, PLEASE take advantage of that!!

Yes, last P Day we went to a museum then a zoo here in Sechura!! It was a blast!! The museum was kinda small, but WOW the pottery was some of the most beautiful pottery I've seen! The ancient inhabitants of this desert of Sechura sure could make some good pottery. haha! We went with Marion and Lourdes and Hermano Fasabe. Hermano Fasabe is the branch mission leader, and he is such a great guy! I love working with him, and he takes good care of us missionaries! He is very fun and he was the one who brought us to see the museum and zoo! and Today I think we are actually going to see the Beach! We'll see, I sure hope so, and I will send some pictures next week if we do!

We got a new missionary in the district with Elder Arce. He is fresh out of the CCM, and his name is Elder Walker. And yep, you got it from the name, He is indeed another GRINGO! haha! He is such a character, he is learning Spanish very quickly it is so impressive! And I am learning from HIM! He is so happy and upbeat and always making us other missionaries laugh! I can't wait to get to know him better. He is from Utah, but, well, so is basically every other Gringo! haha Sorry, I will try to get the name of the town for next time. :)

I love you all so so much!! I am growing more and more humble every day. It's a weird thing my testimony is feeling. It is growing and I feel like I'm growing closer to God and am better able to hear and feel the spirit every day. But at the same time I feel more and more that my testimony is small, but that is because I am growing to understand more fully how powerful and massive it can and will become throughout my mission and life. I challenge you all to look at your testimonies at the beginning of this week, and then this week work to build it! The testimony is the most powerful tool we have as members, and as people! And this can be a foundation for every aspect of your life!

I know that God lives. I know with all my heart that He loves us. He loves us more than we could ever imagine. I know that He knows every single one of us personally. I know that Jesus Christ also knows every one of us personally. He is our biggest support in this life. I know that we may know the truth of all things through the power of the Holy Ghost. I know that the Holy Ghost speaks to every single one of us, if we listen.

I love the Godhead. Within these 7 weeks in Sechura, I have felt my testimony of just one article of faith alone grow immensely! It is crazy how much I have learned! And I look forward to every new day because I know I will have the opportunity to learn MORE!

I wish you all an amazing amazing week! Keep up all your good work! Always remember that I love you and God loves you!

Con amor y felicidad,
Elder Russell

Making a little music
With the museum tour guide,
Hermano Fasabe,
and other Branch members
(LOVE these two Elders! :)
 LLAMA!!



No comments:

Post a Comment